This is another one of those posts that I plan to one day look back on in my book and think "Oh yeah! I totally remember that! It was the big thing back when we were just starting out." I am of course talking about Pinterest. So social networking has exploded in the last decade or so. We had MySpace which gave way to the internet monster Facebook which also gave way to Twitter, which I still don't really get the point of, but whatever. Pinterest took the concept of social networking and "following" people and geared it towards idea sharing. It is basically an online pinboard where people "pin" things under a variety of categories. If you "follow" them, you can see the things they "pinned" and then "repin" them to your own boards which you can organize however you want. It is actually REALLY addicting. If you aren't careful, you could lose a couple hours on this site looking through all the different things that people are "pinning". But, there are some really awesome things on there. I have gotten a ton of recipes for both desserts and actual meals, lots of ideas for decorating (most of those projects are on hold until I live in a house I own), DIY crafts and instructions, holiday and party ideas, beauty and fashion tips, fitness and health stuff, church ideas, and the list goes on. If you need to know how to make something, do something, or get ideas for something you have to do, Pinterest will have answers. I actually love having all my boards organized so when any of the above situations come up, I know right where to look. Just a way to keep things you come across on the internet organized. It is especially helpful with recipes because we don't have a printer. This way I don't have to try and remember what website I was on if I ever want to make something a second time.
So here are a few examples of my recent pinterest finds and successes:
Baby crib mobile (the one I made is pink and gray):
Recipes:
Shrimp tacos-Devan absolutely loves these
Salsa chicken-Devan also loves and it is SOOOO easy
Cookies and Cream cookies-made with Dev's favorite candies
Stuffed Philly french bread-something different than tacos to make with hamburger-LOVED it
Spinach smoothies-my new obsession-lots of varieties on pinterest
Kitchen table repaint:

Homemade signs:

Magnetic strip to hold bobby pins-GENIUS:
So I will admit I am pretty addicted to this site. And once I own a house again, it is on! I have so many things I want to do! And I also have a whole board for crafts and activities to do with your kids, specifically toddlers, so that will be really fun in a year or so when Tylee is older. Sure, I know I probably won't ever get around to a lot of the things I want to do...that's just kind of how crafts are at our house, but that doesn't mean its not fun to plan anyways. So happy "pinning"!
It's super addicting! I've made some yummy recipes and done some fun crafts from Pinterest, so at least I'm not completely wasting my time. :)
ReplyDelete