Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Fourth of July
I love the Fourth. We spent the holiday in Vegas (where else would we be). We started the morning off with a little get together with some friends for swimming and hot dogs. All of Devan's siblings were there too so it was fun to have little kids there. The afternoon consisted of naps for everyone and some studying for Devan. We then headed over to Uncle Joey's for his amazing fireworks show like we do every year. This year was better than any previous in our opinion. I love that he always plays the National Anthem before the fireworks and has some kind of little patriotic devotional. I feel like so often people just look at the Fourth of July as just a day off work to BBQ and light fireworks, but they forget to really take any time to remember why we celebrate the holiday (as we do with most holidays). This year he played a clip recounting the story of Francis Scott Key, the guy who wrote the words for the National Anthem. I had heard the general story before, but never knew the situation surrounding it, so that was really interesting and touching. Our country has such an amazing history. So many people have sacrificed so much. We also learned that Tylee can sleep through just about anything...even fireworks going off literally right above our heads...better than her screaming scared through them for sure. We ended the night with some s'mores and good old conversation in my parent's backyard with my family. Unfortunately my dad and Chelsea had to get up and work the next day so that party had to end, but overall we had a great day off and got some fun pictures, especially of Tylee. She makes all the pictures more fun :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Tatum has that same suit! I've just assumed it is too big, but maybe I should try it on. Looks like a fun fourth!
ReplyDelete