So Devan turned 27 last weekend. As far as partying goes, it was the most uneventful birthday he has had since I have known him. We didn't do a thing. I asked him if he wanted anything special made for dinner since his birthday was on a Sunday and we couldn't go out, but he said no. We ended up having pancakes, which he made for the most part. As is typical Devan fashion, he bought himself most of his presents a couple months ago so there were no surprises there. His purchases included a new computer desk chair, new keyboard, new mouse pad, new hard drive, and a web cam. (Can you tell what his interests are?) So like I said, pretty uneventful as far as the party goes.
However, it was hugely eventful in a "potentially completing a life's goal" kind of way. Devan sat for the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) test on the 20th and 21st. When I first met Devan this was pretty much an out of reach goal in his mind. But, he has now been through three straight years of full time school (even in the summers) all while taking CFP pre-requisite courses, and is a mere 6 months or so from graduating and 8 weeks from finding out if he passed the test he has been studying hours for everyday for the last 3 months. (He technically has to have the degree before he is officially a CFP whether he passes the test or not). About half of everyone who sits for the CFP fails. Devan thinks it could easily go either way. He felt really confident after some sections, and (in his own words) was put through the meat grinder on others. If he doesn't pass, he can take it over again, so its not the end of the world, but who wants to do that? So now it is just a waiting game. Dev has a month off before school starts again and 2 months until he either celebrates in some ridiculous fashion, or has to hit the books again for the November test. Oh ya, and this test costs hundreds of dollars...so everybody cross your fingers for a pass!
Sounds like Devan's birthday was about like Jason's...... except that Jason had Waffles, not pancakes :). Blast those Sunday birthdays. lol. AND OUR FINGERS AND TOES ARE CROSSED!!!! GOOD LUCK DEVAN!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's right! I forgot they have the same birthday!
ReplyDeleteRachel-
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Natalis. This post made me smile. I really enjoyed working with Devan and getting to know him, he is such a fun and kind person. I'm sure he did great!! With the passing of this test you guys will be on to bigger and much better things!! Maybe a move back to Vegas?! I'm sure you would both love that! (not that anyone could blame you... i was ecstatic out of my mind to get out of St. George!!)
And congrats to you (way late) on passing your RD test.. I'm sure it was an absolute delight to take. ;) It looks like you've landed the perfect job!
And lastly, your little girl is such a doll.. I've said it before, but I think she is the perfect combo of you and Devan.
Ok, my novel is completel. :)
Leanna Wagstaff