Well, the Wysons are in St. George. I might of had a weak moment and broke down crying one night...my life just went from crazy hectic all about me and doing things for me and my future to living completely for someone else...Tylee. My entire day is pretty much planned around her schedule and that is all I do. I don't have a job. Dev and I don't have friends here. I have pretty much no reason to get out of the house aside from grocery shopping. And when you stay on top of keeping the house clean because you have nothing else going on, there is never any house cleaning to do to kill some time. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE being Tylee's mom, but going from such a hectic life to a very quiet one...and doing it in a new city... is a big change.
Anyways, not really what I got on here to write about. Well sort of...the "quiet life" part anyways. When my mom was here last week she mentioned to me that the pace of life here seemed much slower than Vegas. I had noticed the exact same thing. It seems like nobody is in a hurry to do anything or get anywhere. This is kind of annoying to me, because I feel like...well used to feel like I was always in a hurry. Everybody here drives the speed limit or slower. (Not like that in Vegas). People walking down the aisles at the grocery store are even slow. It is like they have all day to do there grocery shopping. And I guess now I do to, but it is still annoying when you are stuck behind these people.
Ok, so now for the real part of the post. In keeping with the lazy slow atmosphere that is the retirement community of St. George, the Wyson's had one lazy quiet weekend, which is pretty unlike us, but when in Rome... I guess it was kind of nice though. We made breakfast, went out for a quick meal, went on a couple walks, Devan shot some hoops at the park by our house while Tylee, Reese, and I watched, caught up on some sitcoms/video games, visited with the in-laws briefly, and took some quality naps. I know this might seem like a decent list, but this was our ENTIRE weekend. So, why am I blogging this? Normally this would definitely not warrant a post, but since I have Tylee, there are of course pictures to post...that is really the only reason for writing this entire thing. And sorry, the pictures really have nothing to do with anything I just said, except that they were taken this weekend.
I guess to sum this all up, not sure how I feel about St. George, pretty sure I could get used to weekends without work and with Devan, definitely sure I am in love with my little monkey Tylee.
Ah Congratulations on that sweet sweet girl!!! She is so adorable! I am so happy for you guys :)
ReplyDeleteWe have been visiting family for awhile so I'm so behind but I'm so glad everything is going well and she is healthy!
She is so adorable...in one picture I thought she looked just like your dad {But I am awful in the baby comparison to family deal so I could be wrong}
I'm so glad you got moved up there and settled in. When I had Tate I went from internship/work/school to mom/school for a semester. Then school, work...everything was over. It was such a hard adjustment for me. I wouldn't have admit it then but I was slightly depressed. NOT saying that's YOU :) But I understand how going from being busy to staying at home can be tough.
Saint George sounds like my kind of speed though, it sounds lovely! Keep updating on your sweet girl!