So I have only been a mother for 1 month, but I can definitely already see why everybody tells you that being a mom is the greatest. These are just a few examples of why (in no particular order):
1. When Tylee eats she makes the most adorable cooing noises and frequently flashes me a drunken milky smile to let me know she is done. Absolutely adorable.
2. Sometime during tummy time I lay on the floor right next to her and we have staring contests. She will just lay perfectly still and stare directly at my face. Big time bonding moment. I really feel like she knows who I am...and I think she kinda likes me.
3. Tylee is great at falling asleep on her own if you just lay her in her crib, but sometimes I like to rock her just to watch her fall asleep and to once again just stare at her. If I am holding her vertically while we rock, she will always turn her head sideways so she can see my face. Like I said, I think she kinda like me. And it is a pretty amazing feeling.
4. If Tylee falls asleep while she is eating, I have to wake her up. She gets kind of grumpy and will arch her back, fling her arms above her head, and scrunch up her legs all while letting out a series of grunts of growls. It is the cutest thing ever. We call her our little growly bear.
5. Tylee rarely cries, but when she does it is so pathetic and pitiful sounding that it kind of makes me laugh. (Don't worry, I don't enjoy making her cry.)
6. Tylee got a cold when she was 2 weeks old. She had a really hard time breathing at night because her nose was all stuffed up. She would frequently wake up crying (which she also had a hard time doing) because she couldn't breathe. The first night I started crying because there was nothing I could do to make her cold go away. We did the nose suction thing with steam to break up the congestion, but it was still so sad to hear her wheezing. I blame my crying on hormonal imbalance, because I know it was just a cold, but I felt so bad for her. Just my first taste of wanting to protect her from everything, even if it is just a stuffy nose.
7. Watching Devan with her is wonderful. I can tell he absolutely adores her. He tells me every day that he "likes her more today than he did yesterday." Watching my two favorite people together is the best.
As for Mother's Day, here is the quick recap:
Dev made me breakfast (breakfast burritos...delish) and then we watched some Scrubs together. It's our new favorite show on Netflix. We went to Sacrament where they had some great talks on mothers. One was by a lady who is also a brand new mother so I could totally relate to everything she was saying. Afterwards, we headed to Vegas. We had lunch with my family, skyped with Jace, and just relaxed. Then we headed to Tori's for dinner with Devan's siblings and got to play with all the kids and just hang out there too. It was just a quick day trip, but it was nice to see everyone down there and of course the grandparents couldn't get enough of Tylee. We have great mom's in our lives and want to give a shout out to my mom (Lora), Tori, and Launa. You all do so much for us and we love you!
Awww you are just the sweetest! I could relate to everything! Like you said about the talk the lady gave. Of course she knows and loves her pretty mama :) you are going to be her best friend!
ReplyDeleteAnd a few month ago tatebgot really sick....I cried more than him hah I don't know if that one will go away :)