So, I it's that time of year again. Ooh Valentine's Day. We really don't make a big deal about Valentine's Day at our house. Dev tells me, "I love you everyday and try to show you everyday. Why should Valentine's Day be any different?" He has a point. Plus, our anniversary is a week later, so I let it slide. We did still use it as an excuse to go out though :) Valentine's Day was on a Monday which is the day that we normally don't see each other at all. Our schedules are complete opposites that day. However, due to a series of fortunate events that involved ditching a few classes (sshhhhh....don't tell) I got to work earlier, and therefore got done earlier, so Dev and I had about an hour together to grab some food and do some desperately needed grocery shopping. Romantic, I know. We did got to Raising Cane's though, which is our favorite fast food type place to go together...fond memories and all that stuff ya know? So it was nice to even be able to see each other that day :) The next night we went to see a movie with some friends which we also used the excuse of Valentine's Day for since normally we NEVER pay to go see movies. The movie was just OK, but it was nice to go out. And of course, the Valentine's season wouldn't be complete without some heart shaped sugar cookies complete with pink frosting and valentine's sprinkles would it?! So, in the seasonal spirit, and because I love cookie dough, Michelle and I made these bad boys. And they were delish.


No comments:
Post a Comment