Anyways, just like last year, and the year before, we had big plans for our anniversary...and they didn't happen. Why do we have to be so responsible?! Do we have to justify everything!? Last year I made Devan promise me that we would go on a vacation for our anniversary this year if he got his bonus. Well, he is getting his bonus, but the reality of my internship is a little too real now, so we aren't spending a dime of that bonus. He did say we could go somewhere if I really wanted to, but if you know anything about me, I hate spending money...especially on impractical things...so we stayed here, again. We still celebrated though. Our anniversary always falls right near President's Day which is nice because we have school and in Dev's case, work off. Healthcare however does not observe holidays. But I only went into work for a couple hours.
We started off the morning by going to breakfast: our FAVORITE thing to do. We went to Mimi's which is our favorite breakfast place with Bruce and Lindsey. Devan got his usual berry french toast thing and I got the crab omelette...AMAZING!!! And don't even get me started on the muffins! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. When I got home from work we spent the afternoon together around the house watching TV, I made some delicious banana chocolate chip bread, took a nap, and just relaxing. This whole free time thing is something we don't really have very much of, so it was really nice. That night we decided to head down to the New York New York and ride the roller coaster. Neither of us had been since high school and we figured it was something different than the usual dinner out that we normally do for dates. And turns out, the second ride is free for locals! Bonus! I always get so ancy riding roller coaster. I am seriously afraid of heights and so the whole way up I had to convince myself that I was not scared. Once the ride gets going I love it, but I always psych myself out. Dev loves roller coasters and has his hands up the whole time. I on the other hand, have to hold onto the handles for dear life. So after the ride we went down to "The Village" in the casino and ate at a little sidewalk Mexican restaurant which was pretty good.
Even though it was nothing fancy or amazing I still love to just go out with Devan and spend time with just him. We normally always invite friends to go do things with us, which I love, but sometimes it is nice to go out just the two of us. So here is to moving forward into our fourth year of marriage which hopefully will have new and exciting adventures for us! First on the list: college graduation! Life is moving on and I am so happy that Devan is stuck with me for all of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment