Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Husband and the Wife

So we just got our blog book from 2010 and I LOVE IT!!! Dev was even pretty excited about it too. It got me thinking though that while this is kind of doubling as a journal to record stuff we do, a post that just kind of talked about us...our like, dislikes, things we do for fun, etc...might be kind of fun to look back on one day. Plus from now until May, we don't have anything exciting going on to write about :)

So here is Devan, age 25, year 2011, in a nutshell:

Favorite foods: LASAGNA, banana cream pie, and anything BBQ. But mostly he just likes to drink...anything sweet. Soda, juice, smoothies, you name it. All time fave: MOUNTAIN DEW!

Devan gets giddy talking about two things: VIDEO GAMES and FINANCE. Sometimes at night when I need help getting to sleep I ask him to tell me about 401Ks or social security or something really boring like that. I have seriously tried to listen before and can't. Far too boring. Unfortunately for him, it usually wakes him up talking about because he gets so excited...seriously. Same goes for video games but those conversations usually happen over skype with all his friends. They all get super animated sometimes and then craziness happens.

Favorite place to be: our HOUSE. Specifically in his computer chair in the man cave in front of his "machine". Dev loves being in our house and will tell everybody. He always tells me he loves it because he "built it with his own hands". Not true, but whatever. Devan is all about the indoors, relaxing, and keeping it CHILL.

Right now, BRUCE lives with us. Their current favorite thing to do is play an old school super nintendo game called Genghis Khan. Its pretty much like risk. And they totally role play...all day long. You would think it would be funny. And it is...for the first hour...

Other games of top priority: STARCRAFT 2 and WORLD OF WARCRAFT, but not one of the nerdy level 85 live in the basement and eat cheetos all day gamers, hes a twink. Yes, my husband is a gamer nerd...and I love him.

Devan loves his PUPPY. If I allowed it, Reese would sleep in our bed right next to Devan. But I don't because that is gross. So they just have to cuddle together on the floor, and they do.

Favorite vacation spot: DISNEYLAND. Devan loves Disneyland more than any adult male I have ever met. Going with him is like going with a 7 year old which makes it super fun. For him it's all about the CHURROS and TOWER OF TERROR.

Things that drive him nuts: School, liberals, ignorant clients, Toss, and most of all, being FREEZING. During the winter he sleeps with like 5 quilts. Not exaggerating.

It has been proposed that I, Devan of Wellington, write as to things concerning mine espoused. And so I would invite you to behold Rachel Wyson, 23, and completely out of her mind.

My wife is by far my most favorite person in the world. It is something special to watch a girl come into your life and begin to take on your mannerisms, language and personality. Probably one of my favorite things is when my cute little wife exclaims, "BAM Sucka!" or "What the Eff!" when something crazy happens.

Rachel is a chemistry nerd or biology nerd or whatever you want to call it. She gets excited to talk about carbohydrates or proteins or who knows what else. Ironically, as a dietitian, she doesn't exactly care about what she eats. She is a complete sucker for ice cream and milk shakes. She will eat anything at Dairy Queen if given the chance.

She is so short and is often referred to as a gnome by some of our friends. It is all in good fun and I'm sure she enjoys the fact that I can carry her to bed or give her piggy back rides with little to know effort.

If there's one thing my wife completely loathes it is school. However, she can't seem to get away from it. She's been earning her degree for a little over 31 years now and it's almost over. On top of school she works at the hospital in the Diet department and also at a long term care facility in the Diet department. As if that wasn't enough, she also has about 15 piano students that she teaches once per week AND has a calling in Young Womens that requires her attention. My wife is a choo choo train that just won't stop. In the short time that she is actually at home, she spends it making me food or cleaning something. I often make fun of her for lacking the ability to sit down and chill. She will get home after a 12 hour day of work and school and say something to the effect of, "Man, I should vacuum."

Some things that she likes to do include 1) Hanging out with me (Duh) 2) Watching the Cosby Show 3) Yoga 4) Reading, for some reason 5) Taking Reese on walks and 6) Sitting on the couch and staring at our house to visualize future home improvements. My wife also loves to play CERTAIN video games with me like Donkey Kong or Mario Bros etc.

In short, my wife is one of the most hard working people I know. I know that is a cliche sometimes, but it is genuinely true in this situation. She spends every waking minute finding a way to improve her situation and continues to progress. I love her freaking face.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are too cute, you'll love this in the future! Also, I'm glad you are so into learning about food and nutrition but eat ice cream too...all the girls I worked with at BYU that were into nutrition only ate healthy food. Except me, I ate ice cream for breakfast today and candy for breakfast yesterday. Maybe I should try to be more like them...

    ReplyDelete