Sunday, February 24, 2013

LOVE

So Valentines Day and our anniversary fall a week apart (as I mention every year) and we typically keep things pretty casual.  I think that I have decided that as we have more kids and they get older, we will probably put more emphasis on our kids and doing something as a family on Valentine's Day and then save the one on one date and mushy stuff for our anniversary...not really pertinent for you to know, but just thinking out loud.

Anyways, it was Tylee's first Valentine's Day and since she is still too little to know what is going on we didn't make a big deal of it, but we did get her the book "I Love You Stinky Face" for her valentine.  That day while Devan was at work Tylee did her finger painting as mentioned in the previous post and made daddy a valentine.  I taped off LOVE on the paper and then let her go to town over it with the paint.  I think it turned out really cute and she had a blast doing it.  That night we just went out for some Chinese take out, bought some ice cream to make milkshakes, and then got caught up on some of our favorite shows.  Even though it was nothing fancy, it is always nice to just set aside a whole night and spend time together...no laundry, no cleaning, no pinterest/facebook, no computer games, no homework... just us doing things together.  Loved every minute of it.



Our anniversary was similar, but we left Tylee with grandma and grandpa while we went to dinner and stepped up the restaurant a little.  We went to PF Changs.  The appetizer (lettuce wraps!) and dessert was amazing...we have made better selections as far as entrees go though.  And of course the time together was wonderful.  After dinner we came home and once again just spent the night together watching our shows and hanging out.  We didn't go too overboard because technically our Florida trip was our gift to each other for our anniversary this year.  Devan also bought me a necklace. Ok, I picked it out and bought it online, but he did pay for it...out of our combined bank account :)  I wanted something really specific and knew it was NOT REALISTIC to expect him to read my mind and get it.  *Side note to my kids:  have realistic expectations for your spouse...your husband is not a mind reader and your wife probably would enjoy the occasional romantic gesture, even if you think it is cheesy*  I'm still waiting for my necklace to get here, but this is what it looks like, except the "peas" are silver too, not pearl.  "Two peas in a pod" is kind of our thing...



The last 5 years have been wonderful.  We are still so in love and I don't know many any couples who are happier than us  (no offense to everyone...).  We have a beautiful daughter, a wonderful life, the blessings of the temple and gospel, and as pretty perfect as a relationship as you can realistically get in our opinion.  We are still so looking forward to eternity together, and I don't think that is going to change...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment