Drum roll please....Tylee took her first steps! Kinda. If a shuffling fall forward counts. But there have been a couple of these shuffles that are a good 3 or 4 steps so we are going with it. She is still very hesitant and you kind of have to trick her into letting go of your hands, but practice makes perfect right? I don't know that walking is going to happen any day soon, but we are getting there...and I am so ready. I am really over the dirty, dog hair covered hands, knees, and socks. I can only vacuum so many times in one day! I understand kids get dirty, and trust me, I am no clean freak, but the dog hair is just gross. Reese is lucky that we (mostly Devan, and now Tylee) like her so much :) I have already informed Devan that our next dog will be a breed that does not shed, even if it costs $1000...totally worth it.
While we are on the subject, kinda, here are some other fun facts about Tylee at 10 months old (already!)
*Favorite food: Eggs, but she will really eat ANYTHING. Hopefully that lasts through the next few years. It would also be helpful if she would get some teeth, but she is holding out.
*Favorite toys: cupboards and drawers. We have offically installed our first child proof cabinet door locks.
*Favorite book: Baby's first colors. This is usually the only book she will let me get all the way through before she tries to slam it shut. She seems mesmerized by the bright colors.
*Favorite "words": da-da, na-na (in a squeaky sing-song voice), and "ook" while pointing at different things around the room. When she gets really excited she snorts. She is such a little lady :)
*Favorite person: This varies from day to day, but she ALWAYS loves her daddy and aunt Marisa. She gets really happy when she sees either of these two people. She also can't get enough of Reese, but Reese usually tries to avoid her as much as she can help it. Tylee hasn't learned the meaning of "be soft" and "be nice" yet.
Tylee is still a really good girl, but she definitely has her grumpy moments and is no longer afraid to let you know. She still naps pretty consistently and is still sleeping wonderfully at night. She is very independent and usually has no problem entertaining herself or being handed over to whoever wants to hold her. But, over the last few weeks she has been much more cuddly (not clingy), which I don't mind. She will even occasionally even let me rock her to sleep which is my favorite. On the down side, the little stinker finds it absolutely hilarious when we tell her not to touch something. She laughs and then touches whatever it is again while smiling and looking at us. And don't try to move her away from it or pull her hand away...then it just becomes a game. Disciplining this child is going to be interesting.
I can't believe she is going to be a year old in just a couple months. I already feel like she isn't my little baby anymore, but we are loving all the cute funny things she does and how much she is growing and learning every day. I know I say it all the time, but being parents is awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment