First of all, this has been the best year of my life. Being parents is the most wonderful thing both Devan and I have ever done and we could not imagine life without our sweet Tylee. She is getting so big so fast! She is 8.5 months old now and is crawling everywhere. She flies across any room in seconds and we are constantly asking, "Where's Tylee? I swear she was just right here!" A baby gate for the stairs is in our very near future. Tylee is also pulling herself up on EVERYTHING! She even tries this trick on things that cannot support her...she has bumped her head more times in the last month than in her entire life I'm sure. But she is learning and has no problem popping right up in her crib, against the couch, and mom or dad's legs. If you entice her with a toy she will even take a few shaky steps while clinging to the couch.
Tylee is so full of personality and is ALWAYS happy, except recently at nap/bed time. No matter how delirious she is, she feels like she has to climb up the side of her crib. This has made nap time much more of an ordeal than it has ever been...sigh.
But like I said, other than that she is always smiling, spitting, and jabbering to herself. She loves blowing raspberries and getting spit all over her face, especiallly if you spit back at her. It really is hilarious, but hopefully she grows out of it at some point. Her other favorite thing is to knock on everything: toys, food, your watch (those are her favorite), the floor, the wall, Reese, your face, etc. But our absolute favorite is her kisses. They are wet and open mouth right on your cheek. Whenever I get home from work and pick her up the first thing she does is give me lots of slobbery kisses. I love it. I think she knows it is a sign of affection because she always does it when she is really happy to see us. And speaking of affection, the other day Devan walked in the door and Tylee took off towards him giggling the whole way. She got there, pulled herself up on his legs and looked up at him waiting for him to pick her up so she could give those wonderful kisses. You could tell she was so excited to see him. My heart just melted; and Devan's did too. He frequently comments that having a daughter is the best thing in the whole world, especially when she does adorable things like that. We are really enjoying watching this little girl grow and learn. Parenthood is amazing...highly recommended.

No comments:
Post a Comment