In all reality though, life goes on. And we here at the Wyson household have a pretty fantastic life. No matter who is in the White House I still have a beautiful daughter who was blessed to be born in what is still the greatest country on Earth. She will be able to get an education, worship in the religion of her choosing, and live what I hope to be a very happy and productive life. Sure there might be consequences of today's policies for her to deal with down the road, but I would still rather raise her here, in the good ole USA, than anywhere else. No matter who is in the White House, Devan and I still have jobs that allow us to live extremely comfortably compared to most people in the world. While our jobs may be influenced by coming policies (financial reform and healthcare), we have had opportunities to educate ourselves and become valuable members of society , so I think there will always be opportunities for our success. This still is the land of opportunity for those who are willing to work for it, despite what policies come out of Washington. It might be harder to achieve, but by no means impossible.
Most importantly, we still have our faith. I have seen a lot of doom and gloom posts on facebook, which frankly are pretty dramatic. But, I have also seen some very uplifting and hopeful ones. I think it is so important to remember that there is an ultimate plan and path for us while on this Earth. Thankfully, there is another leader on this Earth who will always take us in the right direction because it is the direction God would have us go. When you keep that perspective, and if you truly believe that all you need to be successful in this life is to pass the test we were sent here to pass, only President Monson's words and council should shape our future. This quote has been popping up all over facebook, and it provides much peace if you truly to believe he is a prophet of God:
No comments:
Post a Comment