Life is just kinda moving on...nothing too exciting, but a few things have changed as of recently.
1. I started my internship at Desert Springs Hospital. Its a pretty old hospital and really ghetto compared to the one I work at, but I am the only intern there, so that is really nice. I am 3 weeks in, and so far...pretty boring. I am in the food service rotation which is what I have been doing for work for the past 4 years. Luckily I only have 3 more weeks until I move onto my next rotation. The internship is Monday-Friday for 6-8 hours a day. Because of this, I know have to work at St. Rose Saturday and Sunday. 7 days a week. Very few days off in the next 7 months. This is just my new normal I guess.
2. Jace left on his mission. I guess leaving to go on your mission isn't necessarily a "normal" day, but missionary life will be his norm for the next 2 years. So far he is doing awesome and already has his first baptisimal date set. We are so proud of him and hope the next 2 years fly by.
3. Devan is really amping up his schooling. He took 18 credits this summer (INSANE!) and is done with them all in a matter of weeks. He had some scares with a few grades, but it is looking like he will pass them all. He also passed his 4th CFP test. With only 2 more to go, he should finish them by the end of the year. His next one starts the day his last summer class ends. Can't catch a break. In the fall, he starts his finance courses which will require much more time than previous classes because none of them are offered online. But, for the next year and a half, that is his reality I suppose.
Luckily for us, all these new normals will only be short lived, because as you can tell, we aren't necessarily enjoying them very much. Well, I can't speak for Jace. I'm sure he enjoys some days, and no so much others. As for me anyways, I am already counting the days until I will get paid again for working and will have a day off. Dev would also love to only have his job to focus on. But life keeps moving, and we are still loving every minute of it. At least we have had the opportunity to do the school/internship/have jobs thing that we are doing, which is more than a lot of people can say...and we are grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment