Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Nobody Likes You When You're 23"

December...one of my favorite months of the year! I love Christmas time. Everything is so happy! School is almost out, its my birthday, lots of time with family, and lots of goodies! The school year finished up good...all A's for me, and A's and B's for Dev. The break from school has been so nice for both of us, however I am ready to start up again just so I can hurry and be done. Remember...one more semester!!!

We did A LOT this month! My birthday is in December so of course we had to party! It fell on a Sunday so options were somewhat limited as far as what we did that actual day, so we turned it into a weekend long celebration. Friday night we went shopping, mostly for other people for Christmas, but still fun just to go out together. One of my favorite things to do with Devan is just go walk around and go window shopping. Plenty of time to talk and laugh and just be together. Saturday I had to work all day and so when I got off we just went and finished up our Christmas shopping. Dev did a little shopping for himself to and got some new suits for work. They look absolutely amazing on him by the way.

Sunday, the actual day, Bruce made me pancakes for breakfast and then we of course went to church where my Young Women had made me cookies and sang to me. That night we had James and Michelle and Bruce and Lindsey over and we made the most amazing gingerbread houses ever!!! Seriously, normally when you make these things the frosting never holds the pieces together and by the time you are done your "house" resembles what usually looks like a pile of rubble. But these ones were amazing! Even better than the pictures on the boxes! We are pro :) We had a lot of fun making them and then just being goofy and hanging out the rest of the night.



The next night we went out to dinner with my family at BJ's, one of my favorite restaurants. They have a dessert called the pazookie (pie and cookie) that is to DIE FOR!!! If you haven't tried one, go now! You won't regret it! My parents and Bruce gave me gift certificates to go buy new clothes for work which is exactly what I needed. We also got to meet Weston's new girlfriend Chelsea at dinner. She is really cute and I think they are great together. She also got me a gift certificate and I didn't even know her! How can you not like her after that! :) All in all, awesome weekend, awesome birthday! And don't think Devan totally neglected me...he gave me the most awesome present of all, but it will require a separate post for explanation.

1 comment:

  1. So where is the separate post about what Devon gave you?? :0)

    ReplyDelete