Sunday, November 7, 2010

FALLing in Love

I love fall! It is my favorite time of year, especially living in Vegas and getting so sick of sweating all the time. The cool weather is amazingly refreshing. Fall just equals happiness. I love going back to school sales and seeing all of the school supplies in the stores. Dev thinks that is really nerdy of me :) I love being able to drink hot chocolate in the morning and feel that warm tingly feeling inside. The best is on the mornings that I have to be at work at 5am. There is a Starbucks in the hospital that has a steamer so I can steam my milk and then add whatever flavor syrups that I want. Coconut is my current favorite, but raspberry is also amazing in hot chocolate.

Fall in Vegas also usually brings rain which is sooooo wonderful! I was actually walking around campus one day in my zebra print rainboots, which I can only wear like 5 days a year, looking at the gray sky and feeling the cool breeze which was glorious. I got really happy for a few seconds and felt like I was back in Provo at BYU with the winter inversion and necessary rain boots. I miss BYU a lot so that brief moment of wonderful was very pleasant. Another great thing about fall is pumpkin. Pumpkin flavored things are the all time best! I made pumpkin chocolate chip bread for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was almost a complete failure, but actually turned out all right in the end and obviously tasted good because it was pumpkin! I also recently discovered pumpkin pancakes, or pumcakes as I like to call them, which are to die for! We invited James and Michelle and Bruce and Lindsey over one night and made pumpkin breakfast for everyone. SOOOOO GOOD!

So, Lindsey. She is Bruce's new girlfriends and we love her! We wish the best for them mainly just so we can keep hanging out with her :) Bruce and her hosted a fun fall party a couple weekends ago with the whole gang. We ate chili dogs, talked, watched clips from a really stupid but hilarious movie, and carved pumpkins...my favorite part. I remember carving pumpkins with my dad when I was little. It was my absolute favorite part about halloween, even more than trick or treating. My dad is amazingly creative and always came up with really cool pumpkins. Dev and I aren't quite that creative so we always use the patterns that you print off the internet, but they still look really cool. We definitely win first prize for sure!!!! This year was Mario if you can't tell. Bruce and Lindsey did Jack Skelington and Seanzie and Summer did the skull. Josh and Ilse also did one, but for some reason we have no pictures of it.


Basically the party was a smashing success and the great thing about fall is that next up is winter! Winter equals no school, my birthday, Christmas, and peppermint flavored things, which I also love! I mean, can life really get any better than tasty flavored things and lots of them? I think not, so bring on the holidays with all their delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment