Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh life...

So, I have no special reason for blogging right now other than pure boredom and not feeling like doing anything productive even though I have a million things I could be doing. My laundry is ridiculously out of control, my dishwasher needs unloading and reloading, there is always homework I could be doing, my bathroom is officially disgusting, and there are baby toys scattered all over my family room. I'm sure the list could go on, but I refuse to think about it anymore due to the guilt that accompanies. So, anyways, I figured that when I blog, it is always to write about some special event. I figured this time I would inform people about our everyday hectic lives. So, average day for Dev and I. Wake up at 7, be to work/school by 8:30. I get home between 10 and 11 when my niece and two nephews are dropped off for the next few hours. Dev usually gets home around 12 for lunch and helps me with the kids in between video games. We make lunch for everyone and then Dev is back to work around 1:30. Crystal picks the kids up around 3:00 and then I start about 3 hrs. of piano lessons, sometimes at my house, and sometimes I have to drive to them. Dev beats me home at around 5 so he has time to wind down with more video games. I finish lessons between 5 and 6 depending on the day, we make some dinner (Dev will help if I ask him), straighten up the downstairs from the child tornado and then do homework/laundry/dishes/etc. Most every night though we do get time to relax together and watch a movie or something. This is the schedule Mon-Thurs. Fri and Sat I work 10 hr shifts at the hospital. Can we say exhausting?! I can't complain though. My schedule gives me the flexibility to go to school full time, adjust my piano lessons however I want, watch the kids as much as I want, and still work enough hours at the hospital to keep my benefits, get school paid for, and get the experience I need to get into my internship. Dev totally controls his schedule so anytime I get overwhelmed with the kids or need him to cover for me, he can be home in a matter of minutes. His job is awesome in that respect.

Watching the 3 kids is another interesting thing in our lives. We are not planning on getting pregnant for at least another year, but this has given us a preview. Although, in no way do we want three children under the age of 2. However, this experience has reassured me that I could totally handle having a baby. If I can deal with 3, I can totally do 1, maybe even twins (Devan wishes!). We want to eventually have at least 4 children, but will hopefully be able to space them out a little better than Mike and Crystal :) Another thing I have learned is that I want to work at least one day a week even when I have kids. Now granted, I may, and probably will change my mind when they are my own kids, but being locked in the house, and even more so stuck to a certain area of the house all day every day would drive me nuts!!!! I'm sure it will be different also only having one to worry about. Lugging all three from room to room or in and out of the car is a NIGHTMARE! And you definitely can't leave Scarlett, the 1.5 yr. old alone in a room or it will be ripped to shreds! You have to take here everywhere you go and totally keep an eye on her...difficult to do when you have hungry twins that can't hold their own bottles yet. So, i guess what I am trying to say is bring on the baby...when I finish school....because outside of the waking up at night, which will be hard, I have proven to myself that I can handle it! And super props to Mike and Crystal!!!!


Steel on the left and Roman on the right. Their personalities are so different it is hilarious. They are quite the handful together, and then you add in the little angel below. She is the spitting image of her mother. But don't let that angelic face fool you. She is quite the little actress and puts on a fake cry like I have never heard.

1 comment:

  1. Three under two??? Wow! That is a lot of work! Dan always said he wanted triplets. I was so relieved to find out #4 is just one...not twins or anything else!

    ReplyDelete