Monday, October 22, 2012

3rd Annual Jack-o-Lantern Carve Off

Well, it is that time of year again.  My absolute favorite time.  First of all, everywhere we go there are special "punkin" flavored goodies and I am in heaven.  Second of all, we are kicking off the holiday season which equals lots of parties with family and friends which we hope to continue doing long into the future.

This year Sean and Summer hosted our annual pumpkin carving contest.  We had a record turnout and are getting to the point where we have more friends than any of us have space in our houses to hold.  But, the more the merrier!  I tried my and at homemade root beer this year...still needs some work, but the "witch's brew" effect was pretty awesome.  This year we added in costumes which I loved!  Every year I want to dress up and we just never do, so we made a point to have everyone in costumes this year.  We have some seriously creative friends!





Then of course we carved our pumpkins and everyone seriously brought their A game.  When we were voting Bruce commented that this year was super hard because everybody did awesome...none of them were bad!  (Ours was Sonic the Hedgehog).  We ended the night at Sonic (a classic) and just had a grand old time laughing and chatting.  We love the friends that we have and look forward to many more years together full of fun traditions not only for us but for our kids to enjoy too!


 

1 comment:

  1. This is so fun! I LOVE your costumes, so creative :) Blue's clues is a favorite around here so I knew just who you were

    ReplyDelete