I'm just gonna come right out and say it...Devan is a GREAT dad. He loves his little Tylee monkey. He always asks about her when I am in Vegas with her. He always gives her goodbye kisses when he leaves for work in the morning. He always goes straight to her when he comes home from work to see if he can get a few smiles out of her (sometimes I have to remind him to kiss me hello). He always gets her out of bed in the morning and changes her. If it isn't time for her to eat yet, they go watch Starcraft or the news together while I sleep a little longer. He occasionally gives her the nighttime bath and puts her to bed. He makes a baby burrito like no other. When she is crying, he is always the first one to go save her (he's a softy). He calls her baby burrito, monkey, crazy baby, and his little man-cub. If she is fussy he will wrap her up and hold her really tight. She almost always calms down. He says it is because "she can feel the masculinity of her father." I'm not really sure why that would help, but it does :) Devan has never turned down a poopy diaper change if I ask him. In fact, I don't even think I changed a poopy diaper until he left to go back to work after she was born. When she was still waking up multiple times in the night, he would always get up and rock her back to sleep if she didn't need to eat. When he came home from work the other day I had Tylee sitting in her Bumbo on the counter with me while I made dinner. She was stripped down to her diaper and pretty much looked hilarious. He was talking to Bruce on the phone when he saw her and started laughing. He told Bruce, "you don't realize the joys of having a child until you have one." So true.
So on Father's Day I was driving home from Ogden with my family, so I actually got to spend some time with my dad, who is also the best dad ever. When I got home, we went over to see Grandma and Grandpa Wyson. Grandpa Wyson is also so in love with Tylee. He tells us how adorable Tylee is and practically begs us to let them babysit her. On Monday my family celebrated Father's Day in Vegas while I was there. We had curry for dinner (my dad loves) and opened gifts. We love all the dad's we have and pretty much think they are awesome! (Sorry no pics with Grandpa Wyson...I even took my camera over that night too and forgot!)
No comments:
Post a Comment