Last week was my first week off after being done with my internship. It was lovely to say the least. We started off the celebrating by going out to dinner/dessert with some friends at the Sugar Factory in the Paris hotel. Little shout out to Devan's burger which was one of the best burgers I have ever tasted...and I don't really like burgers. We then shared the Cookie Jar Sundae...cookies and ice cream...what more can I say. We all just sat around and talked at the restaurant for a couple hours and had a great time.

The next day was a Saturday...and I didn't have to work! Dev and I went out to breakfast and pretty much just lounged all day. A nap was definitely fit in there somewhere. That night we watched some UFC and then went to James and Michelle's and learned a really fun new card game. On Sunday I got to go to my ward...for all three hours...for the first time in seven months! It was really nice to be able to take the sacrament in the chapel rather than in the lobby in my work clothes. That day also happened to be the Superbowl, and Bruce's mom invited us over for food and the game. We weren't really that into the game. The teams playing were not all that exciting. Dev even fell asleep at one point, and he loves football. But, the food was good...I mean it was Superbowl food, how could it not be good.
After the weekend party was over, Dev had to of course go back to St. George. I went and turned in my final paperwork on Monday and then spent the afternoon at my parents. I worked on my baby's quilt and my mom and I went to Target to do some shopping. On Tuesday my mom and I went and got pedicures...HEAVEN...and then grabbed some lunch. I went to the Dr (everything is going great with baby) and then drove up to St. George to see my honey. We spent the next two days working together. His company is going through some big changes and they needed some help with all the paperwork. It was kinda fun to work together, but I will tell you what...I could not handle an office job everyday. Totally not my thing. We went out to eat, drove around and looked at potential neighborhoods to live in, watched TV together, and pretty much had a blast...working. It was the perfect week to start off my new found freedom. Hopefully I can stay just as busy in the weeks to come and won't get too stir crazy. Going from working seven days a week to two is a pretty dramatic decrease. Luckily I have a long to-do list before baby comes...oh joy.
Yeah for finishing internships!!!! Happy for you and your new found freedom.... Enjoy it while it lasts, before the baby comes :)
ReplyDelete