Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was wonderful. For one, I had two days off...in a row! We also got to spend time with both the Wyson's and the Milne's without doing any extra traveling. Actual Thanksgiving day was spent with the Wyson's. I drove up to St. George with my parents and met Dev there. It was a quiet year with just us, Dan and Launa, Dana and Jason, and Tracie and Jayden. We also got to see Randi and her kids for a few minutes too. The Wyson's have an awesome tradition called picklege (I'm not even sure if that is a real word, so I have no idea how to spell it). They put out a tray full of appetizers...mostly pickled vegetables (I think it is a Polish thing) and we just snack on them all morning while dinner cooks. We played some frisbee that morning and then just sat around and got caught up with everyone. Dev and I were in charge of making Sweet Potato Casserole since it is Devan's favorite, and it was delicious if I do say so myself. That will definitely have to be a continuing tradition in our family. We then took a drive over to Dan and Launa's new house site and it was gorgeous. The lot looks over the city and the house plans are amazing. Definitely a house the grandkids will LOVE! We finished off the evening with some intense games of Sequence and more chatting. It was so great time to spend time with Dev's family this year and hopefully we will do it regularly in the future. We did miss Adam and April and Crystal and Mike. Hopefully they will be able to make it up next time to join us!

The next day we spent with the Milne's, who were also conveniently in St. George this year. The day was jam packed with festivities. The boys went on a quick 9-hole golf trip that morning. They had a father-son competition and Dev and my dad won! To be real honest nobody was expecting that, but Dev reported they had a lot of fun. When they got back we all went to a really cool shooting range. It was a voice activated clay pigeon range that fired the pigeons just by you saying "Pull!" I hit 3 out of 15 on my turn which I was very proud of considering it was only the second or third time I had ever shot a shotgun. Dev was in heaven considering he got to spend the morning golfing and the afternoon shooting...it was like his dream day! And to make it even better...that night we went to the park and played volleyball! We ended the night with a delicious meal of carne asada...the Milne's new favorite thanks to our introduction of it at Newport a few years back. We sat and chatted with Wes, Ashley, and Jessica during dinner and then figured we better head back to Vegas so I wouldn't be too exhausted for my 5 am shift the next morning. It was so great to get to spend time with both families and to only have to travel a couple hours. We truly are very blessed and the weekend in St. George was the perfect example of why.

No comments:

Post a Comment