Sunday was really nice. Our ward, which is normally very small, was EXTREMELY small due to the holiday and Dev and I were a little worried that it was going to be a long and silent fast and testimony meeting, but it actually turned out to be amazing. All the testimonies were awesome and the time actually flew by...at least I thought so. We then had dinner at my parents which is always fun and easy going. That night was the actual Fourth, so Dev and I hiked a little hill that is behind our house and watched the fireworks going off all over the city. It was really fun and we have decided we need to go back up that hill and have a picnic at sunset or something because it was a really cool spot to look out over the whole valley. On Monday I woke up and made pancakes for Devan. I have officially decided that he is the pancake maker in my house because his always test better and look prettier, but it was the thought that counts right? We then spent the afternoon swimming and enjoying the company of family at my parent's house. We had to be back at 4 though for some of my piano lessons. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing together and mentally preparing for another week and the start of new classes for both of us. I will tell you what, and I'm sure Dev would agree, after going to class super early this morning, I would much rather have it still be the holiday! Happy Birthday America! Let's do it again next year!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
America is Another Year Older...Let's Party!
I figured I better write about our Fourth of July weekend while it was still fresh in my head because I know I will forget. And, disclaimer at the beginning, I took absolutely no pictures! It didn't even cross my mind until the weekend was over and I thought, "I should blog about this before I forget it all". Oh well....can't go back, although I wish I could because we had an amazing weekend! On Friday I took my final in my first chem class. Kind of a bummer, but feels wonderful to have that done and under my belt. I also finished both of my independent study projects over the weekend which is also a huge relief, but definitely not the fun part. Friday night Dev and I went and did a little shopping at Town Square to get some new clothes for him for work. Then we stopped at Walmart, got some sodas, chips, and the movie 17 Again, and headed home. Kim, one of Bruce's friends came over and we watched 17 Again, which is hilarious, while we played hearts, ate Doritos, and stayed up way too late. On Saturday, Dev had an appointment in the morning, so he went to work for a couple of hours. Tiffany Jenkins in my ward had told me about a new nail salon that opened up down the street from our house and was doing free pedicures for their grand opening special. So my mom and Marisa came over and we went and got free pedicures while Dev was at work. It felt AMAZING! It had been way too long since I had one, and it was Marisa's first, so it was kinda fun to watch her. My mom and I just chatted the whole time and I got caught up on her experiences on the Church History Trip she went on with Jace. It was really fun to hang out with them. Then when I got home, we headed over to James and Michelle Purkiss's place for pizza and swimming with friends. Adam and April, Sean and Summer Fulton, and Josh and Ilse Walton were there. After a couple of hours in the sun, I was pooped and came home and took a wonderful nap before we headed to the GINORMOUS party at Uncle Joey's and Jana's. It was of course fun to see all the family and hang out together. His firework show was amazing and brought tears to my eyes, like it does every year, when I hear the patriotic music playing in the background. All in all...awesome parties! And I didn't have to work!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment